The Agenda is the Fellowship’s advocacy platform for policy changes that: support the recruitment, development and retention of Black male educators; promotes a teacher workforce as racially diverse as the student population it serves; closes the student achievement gap; and advances high-quality education for all.
Agenda Priorities for 2017:
- Advocating for additional resources to support Pennsylvania’s educational system.
- Increasing educator residencies for Black male educators.
- Providing financial incentives and other incentives for education majors, including loan forgiveness programs.
- Improving and streamlining the teacher certification process.
- Increasing the transparency and accountability of SDP district’s efforts to address the teacher diversity gap.
- Improving school accountability and working conditions to prevent teacher attrition.